Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 w/02 PCM + LS2 TB

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 w/02 PCM + LS2 TB

I am wondering if this combo will work? I have the 12200411 PCM (red/blue) and I was wondering if any of the TAC/pedals that will work with that can talk to an LS2 DBW TB (from GTO/Corvette). If it's a matter of 8pin vs 6pin and breaking something out into it's own harness I'm ok with making that. I think the DBW from the 02 model year is two connections and you gotta plug both of those into the LS2 TB to match the connector pinout. Yes/no/maybe? If yes then make an LS2 connector that Ys out to two connectors for the harness?

From what I understand, the TAC is only 2 wires to the PCM, and the limiting factor is what TAC/pedal combos work with the LS2 throttle body, correct?
Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The C5 can use an LS2 TB without any mods. I had one on my car. Just difference in the plugs. So as long as you are using ALL the DBW stuff from the C5, it will work.

I hacked off the stock 2 plugs and soldered on the LS2 style plug. There were 2 extra wires IIRC. Cant remember colors or what not. They do make a plug and play adapter harness that plugs in to the stock 2 plugs and gives you a single LS2 style. Buddy of mine used one of those.

You have to use an early C6 TB. They changed somewhere around 08-09. The late ones wont work.

The PCM may require flashing an OS for DBW support, I do not know since we were already set up for it
Old 05-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Steve!

The only harness I have right now is from a '98 F-Body - I gotta re-pin it to work with the different ECM, so I'll look into the differences between it and the Corvette harness and see what needs to be changed. My LS2 throttle body is from a GTO, so hopefully it's one of the early ones that will work.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, the gto should be the one you need. Not sure on the differences in the harness especially with the TAC module and stuff. It should be do able.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes it will work. Make sure you use a corvette tune, tac and pedal.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: LS1 w/02 PCM + LS2 TB