Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AJE K Member ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AJE K Member ????

Hey guys I am talking about the one for a foxbody. I have read that they are not intended for use on road but a lot of the guys that run foxbodys at VIR run an AJE k member. I figure if its okay for them road racing it would be okay for just cruising around town. Just wanting to hear someones opinion who has used it and drive primarily on the street with there car. thanks

I didnt know which forum would be best since its a question about a foxbody so if there is a better place feel free to move this.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Teching In

Come on guys, with almost everyone who does a swap uses this k member i know someone has an opinion about their reliability for street use.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Launching!

I have been running mine in my 85 fox for over a year no problems.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had an AJE k-member in a fox but it was the 5.0 motor version, not the LS1 conversion k-member.

The track width of mine was not correct. The passenger side front spindle assembly ended up being offset by about 1" towards the outside of the car from where the OEM spindle location was. We couldn't do a good alignment and we could not get the pass side tire into camber. I spent alot of time trying to fix it by realigning the k-member to position the wheels correctly using the instructions from MMs website in a generic "how to" fashion since I figured I had just installed it wrong. I was using OEM fox control arms on the AJE to be legal in one of the NMRA classes.

It turns out the k-member was just a piece of crap, we ended up grinding the mounting holes so we could slide the whole k-member and a arm assembly towards the driver side to get the front track width to come closer to the center on the vehicle. With skinnes on the front one would never notice a problem, but with Bullitt wheels and 245 tires on the front, the track width problem was obvious. It killed 245 street tires pretty quickly.

AJE didn't believe it was a problem when I called them. I removed it and put the OEM k-member back on and all the track problems went away, and the car handled better on the street, and the tires lasted longer. I can't imagine running it on a road course, but I'm sure some people do.

I personally would not buy another AJE, but you can with your money, it makes no difference to me.

Quick Reply: AJE K Member ????