Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

compatibility question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default compatibility question

sort of a dumb question for me i feel i should this lol. so heres the deal i have a 99 ls1 block i am building into a forged/procharged for my swap into my 79 vette. so so far all i have is the 99 block, a 2001 ECU setup for 4l60e, and i have someone who may donate a 98 wiring harness. how am i looking as far as compatibility here? will i need to modify anything or am i in the clear? i do intend on using a 4l60e btw. going to be hooking up all the OEM ls stuff to the motor except for a/c. a/c will be gutted.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

98 wiring harness and PCM are different than the other years. the ECU you have will work fine but you need a wiring harness for a newer year if im not mistaken.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, the harness from 98 and 99+ are a bit different as we as the pin out of the connectors. A few of the Sensor are different.

You can re-wire what you need for 98 harness to match up with the 99+ PCM, you will have to put some time nto it. But it is doable. Get the Pin out charts. You can buy the terminal from a few of the sponsor or go online and order from others. You can research where other are finding them.

BC