Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW Swap - Sticking Clutch Pedal

Old 06-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW Swap - Sticking Clutch Pedal

I tried searching and did not find much useful information for my application. I have an 97 bmw 328 sedan with an LS6/T56 swap. For the last year or so my clutch pedal sticks. Less in the winter and more in the summer.

I solve this by either constantly pumping the clutch pedal to build some pressure, or by bleeding the clutch lines. Both are only temporary fixes though. The next time I go to use the car the clutch is acting up again. I have always used Super Blue for my brake/clutch fluid so its not a Dot3 problem. However when I bleed the clutch the blue fluid is almost black from boiling and has particulates. So I would think something is overheating.

I do not have a GM master cyl so that should not be the problem. I use a BMW M3 unit so it should flow more than enough fluid to the slave. Many others use this unit as well with no issues. That's not to say it is not broken, just less likely to be the culprit. The fluid from the brakes is a nice bright transparent blue. I had a remote bleeder line installed and thought that maybe it was getting heat soaked so I wrapped it in insulation. This did not help at all.

I had someone look at the trans while the motor is out and they said it needs a new slave. I want to avoid this occurring again as I have to remove the whole engine and trans to do this re-re. Is this true about the slave? as I have read here that the problem really resided in the GM MC and the slave was just collateral damage. Seeing as I have no GM master what else could cause the slave/throughout to fail and overheat like this? Could it just be a coincidence? I have no more than 20k miles on the car since the swap and I used a new throughout/slave when it was all put in.

Thoughts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BMW Swap - Sticking Clutch Pedal