Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am wanting to do a 4.8L turbo build... (I have the 4.8)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I am wanting to do a 4.8L turbo build... (I have the 4.8)

I just read in my "how to turbocharge" book that swapping truck intake manifolds for a LS6 intake manifold (which I really wanted to do) is not necessary at all in order to turbocharge your engine to get good results. It has something to do with turbos not requiring a whole lot more air intake for turbos.... (I can quote what the book says exactly if someone needs me to.) It stated that the stock truck intakes will work just fine for a 60MM turbo... However, I will more than likely be running the on 3 76MM turbo....

Did the author state this just because of the 60MM turbo or would it make a difference between what he said about the intake manifolds, with a 76MM turbo????

With that being said, I recently purchased a 92MM cable TB that I wanted to use.. I am pretty sure I can use this with a stock TBSS 90MM intake... Also with that in consideration, the 4.8L I have is a DBW... I do NOT wish to use a special pedal or special computer on my setup.. I really would like to use the simpler cable throttle body if possible......

I REALLY need some help on this one guys, as I am finalizing my thoughts to make my purchases to get things moving for my setup..

(I am going to run a 4.8L in my 70 Chevelle, with a TH400, with 273 gears with one 76MM turbo, with intercooler. I also was thinking about 243/799 heads, LS6 springs, LS6 cam, LS6 oil and waterpump and 48# injectors. I have the stock harness, ecu and all the stock accessories that came with the motor... (except starter))

I need all the help I can get on this guys... I have been a diesel mechanic since 1998, but all this stuff still new to me.. I am very mechanically inclined but still a noob with GM performance... (if that makes sense..)

Last edited by AlterEgo; 07-04-2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: addition to what I plan to do..

Quick Reply: I am wanting to do a 4.8L turbo build... (I have the 4.8)