Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converting LS2 DBW to DriveByCable???

Old 07-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting LS2 DBW to DriveByCable???

Hey everyone.

I have a 2006 Pontiac GTO LS2 (Drive By Wire) and am converting it to a FAST 92 (Drive By Cable) throttle body since for my swap I don't have the DBW pedal ect and also prefer a cable. I am under the impression that the GTO LS2 is a 24 tooth crank reluctor wheel compared to the corvett. My questions are that since I'm not a 52 tooth can I just run a LS1 harness without changing anything on the engine, like the cam gear I was reading about or the reluctor wheel ect? Also what tooth were the LS1 reluctor and what PCM should I use with the LS1 harness for my LS2. I'm assuming it would be best to get one out of a 04 GTO with a LS1 or a F-Body? I was also thinking on going with an aftermarket ecu and harness line a Link Extreme where I can plan big for in the future. I already bought a new TPS with pigtail and found a IAC and pigtail out of a 86 Blazer that apparently works with the ls1 from a Camaro. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Cory.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone? I need to also know what colour connectors I need and proper pcm model...

Thanks
Old 07-18-2012, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Should work just make sure the Cam wheel is 1x not the later 4x extend the cam sensor wires. Then just mount the Gen III knock sensors on side of the block and you should be good to go. As for PCM you need one that will support DBC. Any 98-02 F-body for sure. Or one of the 411 truck ones will work as well.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Zenki13.4
I was also thinking on going with an aftermarket ecu and harness line a Link Extreme where I can plan big for in the future.
I don't know what you are calling "big for in the future" but a stock 411 type PCM is a pretty amazing piece. There are several people I know or have met using them making tons of power in boosted situations, some even running E85 who are able to drive them reliably on the street.

The first limitation I see from a tuning angle is the spark and fuel maps don't go past 8K. Since I never plan on running a street engine to 8K I'm not concerned.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:45 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

We run a Drive by Cable 24x LS2 from an 06 Trailblazer SS in our Nova. We obviously use our harness, but you can use any dbc harness with simple modifications as BO185 detailed. Keep in mind that the injector connectors are different, unless you go the LS6 intake route (which is what we did for more power).

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 07-19-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jon isn't the Cam sensor plug different between Gen III/IV and even some Gen IV themselfs. I can't remember off top of my head.

And do you sale the different injector connectors, pins, etc..??
Old 07-19-2012, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a good source for info: http://www.lt1swap.com/cable_conversion.htm

I just did it and was sucessful. My engine, harness, and PCM were from a 2003 Vette. Just pop the cover off the PCm to be sure the IC chip is there for the DBC IAC and TPS. Then wire it per the schematic.

Throttle Position Sensor (using oil pressure sensor plug)
WIRE DESCRIPTION PCM PLUG / PIN LOCATION

GRAY LOW REFERANCE BLUE PIN 60
BLACK 5 VOLT REFERANCE BLUE PIN 8
TAN TP SIGNAL GREEN 24

Idle Air Controller Valve

WIRE - IAC PIN # DESCRIPTION PCM PLUG / PIN LOCATION

LT GRN/BLK PIN A IAC COIL B LOW GREEN PIN 77
LT GRN/WHT PIN B IAC COIL B HIGH GREEN PIN 76
LT BLU/BLK PIN C IAC COIL A LOW GREEN PIN 78
LT BLU/WHT PIN D IAC COIL A HIGH GREEN PIN 79

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Converting LS2 DBW to DriveByCable???