Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling T56 swappers w/A-bodies!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Calling T56 swappers w/A-bodies!

I have a T56 and am using the Tick adjustable master cylinder. My problem is the length of travel available before the rod bottoms in the MC is less than what is needed for the Clutch/Neutral Safety switch to engage. How can I decrease the arc needed to get the clutch switch to allow me to start? See pic.

I don't want to thread the MC down and have the pedal closer to the floor; its already a good bit lower than the brake pedal. Anybody else have this issue? Any ideas on how to shorten the arc on the clutch safety switch?

Right now I can only start the car by unbolting the clutch master and pushing the clutch pedal down fully--w/rod hooked up it bottoms too soon.
Attached Thumbnails Calling T56 swappers w/A-bodies!-neutral-safety-switch.jpg  
Old 07-24-2012, 08:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I myself don't use the switch, never had it as my car was an Auto trans car. My Neutral safety switch is in the Column shifter switches.

But could you not modify thel piviod on the pedal lower/higher to allow the arm to travel the required distance ? If needed, weld on a tab that would put it in the correct location that would give it the correct travel.

Good luck..

BC
Old 07-24-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,392 Likes on 879 Posts

Personally I see no need for a neutral safety switch. Having the pedal down when starting the engine is hard on the thrust bearing, since there is no oil pressure. If it was my car, I would just disconnect it and move that lever to the switch is open. Then you can simply start the car in neutral with the clutch pedal out. Just my 2 cents...

Andrew

Quick Reply: Calling T56 swappers w/A-bodies!