Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to trade CNC work for LSX wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking to trade CNC work for LSX wiring help

Hope this isn't against the rules or anything. Sorry if it is!

I'm looking for a wiring harness for my 99 s10. I have a complete 5.3 and stock harness/PCM. I have no idea what to do to get the thing to run right, e-fans/ac/cruise, etc...

So, I propose a trade. I'm a CNC machinist and I can make just about anything. If you can help me with my wiring harness, I'll help you make some custom parts.

All of my stuff is real deal industrial quality, nothing but Mazaks. Mills up to 22x60" travel and lathes up to 14"x60+". Add a waterjet and a few big press brakes and I can make just about anything!

I've got lots of stainless and aluminum drops and scrap, too.

I'm not looking for work, and I won't make anything for cash. Strictly trading work for work here. Pretty sure I'm already in the "grey area" posting this as it is, so please don't ask!!

I'll post up some pics of the shop and a few of my past creations if you want to see my work, too.

Thanks for looking!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hit up Current Performance and see if he'll do a work for work trade. His plug and play harness is $850 and work like what you are offereing can add up quick.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

So are you basically just needing your harness made into a stand alone harness?
What part of KCK are you in?
Old 07-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
So are you basically just needing your harness made into a stand alone harness?
What part of KCK are you in?
Well yes and no, I want the stock S10 cluster to work as well as the stock cruise control, abs, and the rest of that stuff. It's not as simple as a standalone harness.

From what I've read it should be possible to use the stock s10 fuse block and just splice the 5.3 truck harness in right there, basically unplugging the 2.2 harness and swapping it for the 5.3. I guess some pins are different, but I think they are close enough to work.

My 5.3 is by cable, which should make it a little easier I guess. No pedal to deal with.

I'm over in Baldwin City, KS. I just put KCK because nobody has ever heard of Baldwin before!

ss454327, I might try asking Jared but his prices are just too high for me, and he doesn't want to use the harness I already have at all. I'm a machinist, I live life broke!