Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV routing question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default PCV routing question

I think I have this correct, but I want to verify anyway. I have an 01 5.3 with an ls1 intake and 5.3 cable throttle body. From what I can tell, I will route the pcv from the port on the passenger side of the throttle body to the passenger valve cover.....and from the rear of the driver side valve cover to somewhere on the intake (Can I route it to the rear of the intake where the hvac typically goes?....or does it need to route back to the front of the intake, either driver or passenger side right behind the throttle body?).

Aside from PCV, I just need to connect a hose to the brake booster and that should be it(no hvac in this car)...correct? What is the best way to block unused ports on the intake?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My PCV valve is hooked to the port just behind the throttle body. Breather tube is hooked to the port on the throttle body casing. Booster is hooked to the large port on the back of the intake. The small port on the back of the intake is hooked to HVAC stuff.

Block unused ports with simple vacuum caps. They're available just about anywhere.