Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS swap into '78 Power Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS swap into '78 Power Wagon

Can someone educate me to what is involved in one of the LS engine swaps into an older truck...which is a '78 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4. How to wire it, and what will it run dollar wise to wire it? And are there kits for engine mounts? Just need to know some of the basics before I jump off the cliff with it. Any help you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks.....New guy tommy
Old 08-05-2012, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

I have a 76 D200 power wagon that is a ways down my list of restos. I have thought about an ls swap for it as well. Will probably have to fab up mounts, as for wiring just set the harness up with 3 wire hook up.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 78supersport
I have a 76 D200 power wagon that is a ways down my list of restos. I have thought about an ls swap for it as well. Will probably have to fab up mounts, as for wiring just set the harness up with 3 wire hook up.
As far as wiring....what do you mean exactly about 3 wire hook-up? I looked at at website called current performance, and they have a lot of wiring set options.....but not sure what all would be best for this truck. I plan on running a NV4500 that I have been holding on to. That 76 will be sweet with the LS motor. The cummins swap is way too much money for me!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

LT1swap.com has lots of wiring information. It looks daunting, but once you get into it you find that its pretty easy.

Quick Reply: LS swap into '78 Power Wagon