Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls into a 92 burban

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls into a 92 burban

Im getting ready for this swap and it's all new to me. I have the motor. I'm going to go with a stand alone harness and comp. if anyone has done this swap in the same year or pre vortec 88-98 truck or burban any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated! I am planning on keeping my 700r4 and fly by cable so I can also keep factory cruise control. My question prolly would start with intake and oil pan I need to run. My motor is a 5.3 from an avalanche with 70k on it. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help or point me in the right direction. The factory truck oil pan and intake will create clearance issues due to my truck being airbagged and bodydropped.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Should be able to use truck intake and oilpan. You will probably need to run dbc to retain the 700r4
Old 08-07-2012, 07:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

From a wiring standpoint it is pretty straight forward. Most of the vehicle wiring that goes through the firewall on the passenger side can be removed and a standalone harness can be used to run the engine. Trans would be wired separately. As stated, truck pan should fit without an issue.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 AM

My truck lays completely flat and the oil pan CANNOT hang lower than the engine crossmember or even be level with it. I also want to run a corvette or camaro style intake for the look and also if it will give me more power. And yes I want drive by cable so do I just need a certain throttle body or is there a kit or something for this? Thanks for your help and input!!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

IF your truck intake has a DBW TB use that but the truck intake flows just as much if not more than a stock LS6 intake.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is going to be a bad *** swap.
I'd keep the truck intake, from a HP stand point, it flows better than an LS1.
Lets see this bad boy.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:31 AM

The truck intake I have is dbw. And since I'm gonna run my 700r4 still I'm gonna go dbc and a ls6 intake manifold. I know the truck intake has more torque but I'm not building a racer. Either way this swap makes a ton more power than my current motor and will get better mileage. I mainly want the ls6 intake for looks but need it for stock hood clearance. My truck has a 3" bodydrop so trick intake is not an option especially if I have to raise the motor mounts to avoid the pan hittin the ground when I'm dragging. Thanks for the input everybody! I've already learned alot!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:55 PM

Next question is what mm throttle body I should run and which injectors also? Also I've looked at dirty dingo for their relocation brackets for ac and alternator and was wondering if anybody else out there made them for possibly cheaper or any other options on my accessories setup...

Quick Reply: Ls into a 92 burban