Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build thread- 1952 Chevy truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great build !

i like the sanderson headers .. did they clear the starter very well ? could you take more pics for both sides i'd like to see how they clear the frame and the steering shaft
Old 09-30-2014, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

U love your build!! Glad to see more AD trucks getting done.. here is my wife's Truck ls1 4l60e
Old 10-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by axr979
great build !

i like the sanderson headers .. did they clear the starter very well ? could you take more pics for both sides i'd like to see how they clear the frame and the steering shaft
IMO They do not clear the starter Very well. I plan on running a summit racing starter that is a little smaller and moves the heavy gauge positive terminal to the bottom. Once I have that I'll probably build a Heat shield to keep the starter from heat soaking too.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Nice build.

Doing something similar to this with a 46 chevy my dad picked up awhile back. Been looking at the Full Tilt suspension stuff for awhile, it's nice to see pictures of someone with it actually set up.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

The fulk tilt kit was pretty good. Clay was a nice guy to work qith too. But to be 100% honest.... If I were to do this whole project again I would grab an s-10 from a junk yard and swap the frames... The amount t of time and money I have in this frame is ridiculous.

I'm doing another build for a customer on a 53 f100. I picked up an explorer for $500 to swap the frame. I want to put a 5.0 mustang motor in it so I just go buy swap mounts and swap headers. I want to air bag it I can order a complete kit. Ha ha
Old 01-13-2016, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Smile 52 Update

Well, I have good and bad news.

The bad news is that the 52 Chevy hasn't gotten any love done to it since the last post.

The Good news is that I opened my own Street Rod Shop here in Colorado. I've been open for a full year now, building things 100+ hours a week.

I took a brief journey to the dark side and Build a Ford. It was a 1953 F100 that I did a full frame off restomod to. Used a 4.6L Police motor & trans (I tried to get the client into an LS) Bags, Body Work, New Upholstery and some late night learning curves. Here is a before and after of the truck.

Here is a guy that followed me after a car show and took photos of the truck that turned out pretty bad *** too. Some are photo shopped (the truck never left the street)

http://www.travisingramphotography.c...ord-F100-truck

I've also put a 5.3 LM7 into a 1992 Wrangler, replacing the 2.5L I4. The Customer isn't going to know what to do with all the new power- used Advanced Adapters stuff and some custom made bits for the swap.

The F-100 Job led to another 1953 F-100- This time with a Coyote and a much bigger budget, a 1931 Model A, a Rock Buggy with an LS1, also a 72 Bronco came in for A/C kit and is now on the block for an LS Swap. Also a few odd jobs here and there.

I'm Hoping to get to the 52 later this year and at least let her feel the wind

Anyways, Thanks to everyone following this build and for the help many LS1Tech members gave towards my dream! If you care to see more updates My Shop is called <b>Dub Dog Customs</b> (after my loyal shop dog Dub) , I only have a Facebook and Instagram but every so often I try to update them with whats been going on.

Back to work!

Quick Reply: Build thread- 1952 Chevy truck