Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 capice 5.3l swap help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 capice 5.3l swap help!!!

I've been reading a bunch of threads and I'm still lost. I have. 2004 5.3l I'm bolting to a th350. I purchased the transadapt plates and using the clam shell mounts. Is it possible to use the truck oil pan and the transadapt mounts.

Right now I have one mount bolted in but the other side is off like a 1/2 inch or less. Then it looks the engine needs to come back a inch to bolt to the trans.

I've read and some say you can use the truck oil pan without notching the crossmember, the only thing is the pan sits below the crossmember.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Teching In

If I lift the motor up a inch won't the oil pan clearance issue go away ?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im about to start a thread on this swap today because i have a 87 caprice so just stay tuned...but u would need the 1" setback plates to use ur stock trans.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Teching In

sounds good about to remove the engine today and take the mounts off and have my plate holes expanded 1.5 inches. i also will be lifting the motor a .25 inch as well will post pics want to be done in a few days
Old 08-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Teching In

End up making my own mounts and using the stock truck pan. Did not have to notch frame, but can't use stock a/c because my mounts covered the holes for the bracket. Engine mounted to trans, will complete intake tomorrow and wire her up. I have to see what type of clearence I get with stock manifolds also tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ihavetoomuchstuffman
End up making my own mounts and using the stock truck pan. Did not have to notch frame, but can't use stock a/c because my mounts covered the holes for the bracket. Engine mounted to trans, will complete intake tomorrow and wire her up. I have to see what type of clearence I get with stock manifolds also tomorrow.
Any luck with the exhaust manifolds? I used a trailblazer SS manifold on the driver side which cleared but haven't found a manifold that will clear the passenger side. I hear the fbody manifold will work?
Old 10-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Use the f-body exhaust manifolds. They clear very well on both sides. I have also used f-body full length headers from Pacesetter on the b-body, may have to put a slight ding in the pass side to clear lower a-arm mount depending on the motor mounts you use.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LSXcaprice
Use the f-body exhaust manifolds. They clear very well on both sides. I have also used f-body full length headers from Pacesetter on the b-body, may have to put a slight ding in the pass side to clear lower a-arm mount depending on the motor mounts you use.
what motor mounts did you use?

Quick Reply: 1990 capice 5.3l swap help!!!