Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Body Alt. on 04 GTO harness

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Body Alt. on 04 GTO harness

Can someone clear up some questions for me? I have a 04 GTO LS1 and harness going into my swap and I have to use a F-body alternator for clearance. I have the F-body plug with one wire on it. My question is do i just run that single wire to +12v or +12v with a 470ohm resistor? Is this +12v when ignition is on or constant? What if I want my charging indicator on my dash to work as well. And what is needed to be done with the GTO side of things since it wont see any of the charging signal or does it even need to? My swap car manual shows that the charging lamp has ignition coming in from one side and the wire from the alternator coming in from the other side.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Well on the the 99-02 fbody the pcm sends the wake up signal.. no resistor needed. I would assume that the GTO would do the same thing so when fired up the PCM sends the 12v to wake it up and then it's done. The PCM reads the voltage and sends that info to the dash. Hopefully someone that knows GTO's will corrrect me if I'm wrong.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

I am using the GTO ECM and engine harness and a F-Body alternator. going in to a Honda S2000 I am assuming that i can just run the single wire from my cluster (charging indicator light) to the "B" connector on the F-Body alternator and all is good. Can somone please verify this?
Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

Yes if you run a dash bulb to the alt. all is good

Quick Reply: F-Body Alt. on 04 GTO harness