Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortec to LS1 Intake Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Vortec to LS1 Intake Conversion

Just trying to put a feeler out there as I know many people are converting Truck setups to LS1 intakes. If that is the case, obviously there would be a requirement to change the fuel injector connectors and move the MAP connector. We are looking to put a kit out there that would provide new GM connectors and terminals for the EV1 injectors as well as a pigtail for the MAP sensor so it could be extended. I realize that some people go to the junkyard for these, but I figured a new kit would be optimal for some. Please post if you have any other options you would like in a kit like this or if you think that a fuel injector PIGTAIL would be better than the terminals and seals. Thanks for everyones input.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 08-23-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by psiconversion
Just trying to put a feeler out there as I know many people are converting Truck setups to LS1 intakes. If that is the case, obviously there would be a requirement to change the fuel injector connectors and move the MAP connector. We are looking to put a kit out there that would provide new GM connectors and terminals for the EV1 injectors as well as a pigtail for the MAP sensor so it could be extended. I realize that some people go to the junkyard for these, but I figured a new kit would be optimal for some. Please post if you have any other options you would like in a kit like this or if you think that a fuel injector PIGTAIL would be better than the terminals and seals. Thanks for everyone's input.

Jon
PSI
I would think pigtails would be easiest. But the option for the connector would be cleaner install. I would also add a pulley relocation as well as a belt. That would make it a full kit ready to go!!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Go for it. I pieced mine together, kind of a pain. I agree with the idler relocation. Also consider an LS1 water pump with truck pulley to go with it (pre 07 DBW TB wont clear the L92 water pump). You might add option aftermarket rails and custom hold downs for those wanting to use the truck flex fuel injectors on the LS1 intake (no pigtails, new injectors needed).
Package deals for various years/engines would make life much easier for those with hood clearance issues.
Oh and with the dwindling supply of LS1s, cost/supply of LS2/3s, there are going to be a lot more truck conversions.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. We were trying to stick with the electrical end of things, but including everything in the swap would probably make more sense.

Regarding the flex fuel stuff, we were thinking of a kit for the LS3 intake/heads on 6.0 crowd as well which would cover the flex fuel injectors.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: Vortec to LS1 Intake Conversion