Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering Experts ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Power Steering Experts ?

Attached is a picture of the power steering pump that came with my 2009 L92 Escalade motor. I believe the center line on the pump is the return line. The problem is the return line is kinked/pinched in the corners. So can a AN fitting be installed in the pump at that point? The output has a fitting so that is not a problem. Just need to do something with the return line. Looking for options.

Last edited by 1989GTA; 08-26-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep.

easy to tell is bottom has nut and hard line to thick rubber crimped on.

return has thinner rubber hose and little spring clamp .

those lines in the pump boxy will take a bit of flex. try slowly bending it back to the orignal shape.

otherwise you need to remove the pump from the tank body and do work you want then reassemble if drilling or welding.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Take out the remnants of the high pressure line and try to get the kinks out of the return without causing the line to crack open. You can get an AN fitting that will fit over the end of the line that will let you use braided line on it. Some people will say you have to use teflon lined hose, but that's incorrect. I have had regular Summit brand hose on my 84 for three years without a problem.

Originally Posted by 1989GTA
Attached is a picture of the power steering pump that came with my 2009 L92 Escalade motor. I believe the center line on the pump is the return line. The problem is the return line is kinked/pinched in the corners. So can a AN fitting be installed in the pump at that point? The output has a fitting so that is not a problem. Just need to do something with the return line. Looking for options.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some good ideas. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Power Steering Experts ?