Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 fox body.....turbo or nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 03:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 fox body.....turbo or nitrous?

I'm still not certain on which direction to go with my lsx coupe swap, either turbo or spray. I had originally planned to do turbo then was talked in to doing nitrous. Well now after ls fest I'm back to wanting turbo.

The car will mainly be for street action but I'm sure it will see a good amount of track time as well.

Planning on using a bone stock lq4 and 4L80e transmission for either direction I go but its time to start buying the rest of the parts and not sure the best direction to go.

Please give your opinion or if you have done one or the other and why.
Thanks
Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive had nitrous in two previous cars, and I can say 100% I will never go back to using spray as my sole power adder. Having the power every single time you hit the gas is the best option. Not to mention nitrous locally is selling for $7-7.50 a lb.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Launching!

I was having the same problem deciding what to do, but in my case it came down to the transmission. I wanted a t56 becasue I like to bang gears too much, so NA/spray was best for me. If you are staying auto turbo will be faster and honestly can be done about the same price I think if you fabricate your own kit, which will probably have to be done.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Ive had nitrous in two previous cars, and I can say 100% I will never go back to using spray as my sole power adder. Having the power every single time you hit the gas is the best option. Not to mention nitrous locally is selling for $7-7.50 a lb.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I have had a turbo car but never had a nitrous car and a buddy is really pushing for me to do a nitrous set up instead if turbo

Originally Posted by 95civic2005
I was having the same problem deciding what to do, but in my case it came down to the transmission. I wanted a t56 becasue I like to bang gears too much, so NA/spray was best for me. If you are staying auto turbo will be faster and honestly can be done about the same price I think if you fabricate your own kit, which will probably have to be done.
This car will be auto forsure so I figure turbo will be faster, in stuck on which will be better from a low roll though for street racing
Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

They both have their benefits but come on....turbos just sound wicked!!! In all seriousness i'm doing the same thing with mine. I am just gonna get the car running with a stock engine and spray it a bit for fun then fab up a turbo setup.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TopNotchLSX
They both have their benefits but come on....turbos just sound wicked!!! In all seriousness i'm doing the same thing with mine. I am just gonna get the car running with a stock engine and spray it a bit for fun then fab up a turbo setup.
I agree, I think the sound alone is worth the set up alone even if its more costly to make it all work. I was planning on starting off with spray then switching but I think I'm just gonna do the turbo kit from the beginning
Old 09-11-2012, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Yea thats what I SHOULD do but I want to take my time and do many small mods to the entire car. I can't wait to hear a snail spoolin though!!

Quick Reply: LQ4 fox body.....turbo or nitrous?