Sponsored by:

LS2 Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Questions...

Hey guys,

just got an opportunity to buy a 2005 vette ls2 for 2500 with 40xxx miles on and before i make the deal i would like to consult with my knowledgable friends, LS1tech! First question, i have a wiring harness and computer from a 2001 truck. Will it work after a reprogramming of course? I am sure some connectors are not going to match so any idea which ones i will need to swap? Engine doesnt have a throttle body on it and i have one for an ls6 intake, will it work? How does this engine in stock form compare to a lq4 with 243's and a very mild cam? Engine is going in an off road truck and going to see all sorts of rpm ranges and loads... Give me some input if its a good idea to jump on this.

Thanks
Old 09-12-2012, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well for starters the knock sensor locations will be different. The PCMs should be capable after a tune. Also check the reluctor wheel. If you are going from a 24 to 58 tooth then theres a few more steps
Old 09-13-2012, 12:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Tainted is correct. Will you be going drive by cable? If so, the truck set up with work with retuning. Knock sensors are different, O2s will be different as well, and cam sensor is on the front for the LS2 vs the rear for the Vortec Truck Engine.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: LS2 Questions...