Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

to complete cars need help

Old 09-13-2012, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default to complete cars need help

well i have a 1987 camaro tbi car and a 1999 ls1 6 speed car the ls1 is complete and the 87 just doesnt have a motor or tranny in it.....i have never done a swap before and I need help with the electrical stuff. i want to use the ls1 compressor and all the ac stuff from the ls1 car in the third gen, as well as all the interior.
I dont know if i should use the steering column as well? anyway because of my limited experience i would like somebody to tell me the easiest way to approach the electrical situation inside the car,

should i put the 3rd gen wiring aside and then just put the 4th gen wiring over it should i cut into the 3rd gen wiring, the only thing i dont care about moving over will be the air bag stuff that it......
anyway any help would be really appreciated guys
Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try thirdgen.org. They have an LT/LS swap forum just for your car.

Wiring is pretty easy, just dive in and you'll figure it out. If you look at it as a whole, it looks way harder than it is.

lt1swap.com has great LS harness information.

Search a bit, I'm sure there's a 3rd gen swap thread here you can look at for ideas. The engine swap should be fairly simple. Some people end up swapping the dash and interior as well.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

yea i just dont find anything on the ac stuff or the and all those other thinngs........
Old 09-13-2012, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your going to need to use you stock harness in order to Retain use of your stock gauges with the correct sending units adapted to the LS...

You will also need to modify the 4 th gen harness for standalone unless you plan on using a 4th gen gauge and instrument cluster...

Lt1swap.com is great when it comes to the harness
Old 09-15-2012, 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

yes im using the whole cluster and gauges, all the interior, i just dont see why spend 1ooo plus on gauges when i have them there already you know.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: to complete cars need help