Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on using a stand a lone harness in a 1995 z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on using a stand a lone harness in a 1995 z28

So I'm planning my lsx swap and trying to figure out what I'm gonna do for wiring. I'm not 100% confident when it comes to reading wiring diagrams and what not. I know most people buy a factory fbody harness and modify it to plug and play in the 1995. But by the time I pay 200-300 for the harness and another 500 to have it modified I'd have a little more in the harness then I would like. So my thoughts are to use a stand a lone harness and go through the factory fuse box to remove unused stuff.

I'd basically take the stand a lone harness and wire it to my obd port and my factory gauges. Also wire it to the factory fuel pump also.

My car has no ac/heat/abs. Basically the only thing I need to work is all the lights and radio.

So what's your thoughts? Stick with oem stuff for a few more $$?
Old 09-15-2012, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

The nice thing about making it plug right in is that the factory gauges work but if you don't need the factory gauges then do stand alone. Or instead of buying a harness and paying to modify it just buy one from a sponsor that's all ready to go.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Everyone that would custom make me a harness wants WAY more then just buying an oem harness and having it modified.

Thinking I'll just go with a stand a lone for simplicity.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on using a stand a lone harness in a 1995 z28