Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil wiring/plug wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Coil wiring/plug wiring?

So I have relocated my coils and in the process of shortening the coil harness'. Can someone educate me on how to determine firing order layout vs coil wiring colors? Seems as though both of the harness' are colored the same. I have a purple, blue, green and red wire in each plug in the same place in the plug. The pinks, blacks, browns are in the same orientation in each plug also. I know these are simple to plug back into the main harness and run a wire to the plug IF they are on the valve cover, but how do you make sure they are in the correct firing order with respect to the coil wiring?
Thanks for any help.
Jay
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You need to give a bit more information.. what year and model is this wiring harness. But reading a Wiring Diagram from a Factory Service manual would be the best way. Alldata users can pull this up for you. But from the FAQ in this section you can find the pin outs for many of the wiring harness and ECM/PCM.

I couldn't find any posting of the diagram, but try this to start from the FAQ, select the year from here...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...swap-faqs.html

1: purple
2: red/white
3: blue
4: dark green/white
5: dark green
6: light blue/white
7: red
8: purple/white
Old 09-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input!! Mine is a 99 model engine with an aftermarket standalone harness. The coil harness' are stock, so it should be pretty easy to match up everything. I looked at the both pin out diagrahms in the link and compared them to your info and they all matched.
Thanks again for your help.
Jay

Quick Reply: Coil wiring/plug wiring?