Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

70 Chevelle LQ4/T56 Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drednot
Thanks chevyman for showing the brake m/c. I got to find one. The aftermarket hydroboosts are expensive.
your welcome. what did you end up finding it in?

Originally Posted by lsx67
Man you are moving right along. Good job
thanks. i got to four 10 hour day schedule starting next week so i should get to move along even faster. waiting for snap on to come tomorrow so i can get a soldering gun. picked up a map sensor yesterday and was pretty happy to find out the truck plug is the same as the ls1!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

thats good, I was wondering the same as i am using a truck- ls1 setup as well.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats good, I was wondering the same as i am using a truck- ls1 setup as well.
You can use the truck map in the LS1 intake, just have to grind the tabs off. I did that and mine works just fine.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Great, thanks. Do you happen to know if ls1 and ls2 use the same style injectors?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Great, thanks. Do you happen to know if ls1 and ls2 use the same style injectors?
do ls1 and ls2 use same style injectors as the lq4/lq9? is that the question?

the plugs are different on the ls1/ls2 injectors compared to the lq4/lq9 injectors. you can buy just the plugs and change the lq harness to work with the ls injectors. they also make adapters that the lq harness plugs into and then plugs into the ls injector (not so clean imo)

the injector itself is different too. the ls injector is taller than the lq injector. you cant make the lq injector work in an ls intake tho. i have pictures of that on page 1. basically all you have to do is remove the injector tips and change the o-rings. the fuel rails will even work with custom hold down brackets but they are just ugly.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info. I have am using an lq4. But ended up gettting a bare ls2 intake. So I figured I would just use that since the truck one is hideous. Thats why I asked about the swapping over. I need to get fuel rails, injectors, and throttlebody for the ls2.
Anyways, not trying to mess your thread up. Keep up the progress. Thankful to you guys doing all the experimenting and modifying, I get to ask the dumb questions. lol
Old 12-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

well it snowed... so it looks like the chevelle is taking a back seat for a little while :-/

too many hobbies, too little time! lol does anybody else have this problem?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

hey man great build so far...whats the status update after the snow? any progress..
Old 02-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jdsuperstreet
hey man great build so far...whats the status update after the snow? any progress..
Yea i have been back working on it! i got the flu a couple weeks ago so that kept me from getting in the garage but was able to place an order for some parts. still working on my wiring harness getting that all straightened out. i finisher wiring my engine fuse block yesterday and got it mounted in the car. routed the wires out of the fuse block and figured out which ones have to go to the engine and which have to go inside the car for ignition hot, neutral safety, and all that good stuff. i am a couple hours away from finishing that up and ill upload all the pictures at once so stay posted. i post all my pictures on here using my facebook and im afraid i annoy all my facebook freinds when i upload car pictures here and there lol. so i try and get a ton of pictures together and upload everything at one time.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

SHE RAN!!! i heard the car fire up for the first time this afternoon. stupid VATS is still in the ecm tho so it would shut down after 2 or 3 seconds... lots of updated pictures coming soon!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Default Parking Brake Cables

got my parking brake in and all my cables run. that was a little bit of a challenge but i think i came up with a pretty good way of doing it.

made 2 of my own holes in the floor bracing and ran the cable through the one hole in the trans. the cables are all plastic coated and the hole in the transis beveled on both sides. that kept everything clear and out of the way and it functions perfect
Old 02-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Default Battery Relocation

to clean up the engine bay a little i wanted to move my battery to the trunk. that also gave me clearance for the cold air intake.

used through wall battery connectors to get the cables to the opposite side of the trunk floor and be able to keep the trunk sealed.

ran the negative directly to the chassis above the rear near where the passengers side spring sits and ran the the positive down the passenger side frame rail with the fuel lines in seperate holders

and out to the starter

then i ran another smaller positive cable around with the firewall harness over to the alternator.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice details, I like the use of the hole in the trans to route the e-brake cable.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Default More Wiring...

the wiring continued...

got everything routed the way i wanted and wire tied for now to keep it neat

i bought off ebay a ecm holder for like 8 bucks. that is going to mount in that spot where the ecm is sitting now. i figure ill make some sort of cover for it to make it look more attractive and make it somewhat weather proof.

wires left that need to be wired to fuse block, ignition hot, constant hot, vss output, obd II port communication, etc...

Fuse/relay box mounted and half way done being wired

front end harness also in the car now, stripped the voltage regulator wires out and rewired that

just about done

wires left to go inside car extended and labeled

front end harness stripped to remove voltage regulator wires.

fuel pump relay mounted in trunk

Old 03-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oldgoat69
Nice details, I like the use of the hole in the trans to route the e-brake cable.
thanks. i tried a few different ways and they all seemed to interfer with the drive shaft or the trans and not allow the ebrake to work right. i didnt see any reason why running it through that hole wouldnt work fine.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am faced with a similar situation, your solution has given me some inspiration for an answer.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

sweet build keep at it youre almost done
Old 03-04-2013, 11:13 AM

Outstanding effort .......... don't letoff.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Launching!

Looks good man! Nice job on that wiring
Old 03-08-2013, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

That intake tube looks a lot like the $69 eBay silverado intake I'm using on my '70 GTO... cheap, looks good, and works great. haha. Great build, you're doing good work... keep it up!

Quick Reply: 70 Chevelle LQ4/T56 Build