Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fly by Wire PCM on cable T/B Engine?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fly by Wire PCM on cable T/B Engine?

Has anyone used a C5 Corvette 0411 PCM and harness on a cable throttle body engine? I understand that Tuner Cat can assess the options matrix in the PCM and turn off the ETC option. I do not see this capability in HP Tuners editor. Has anyone actually done this successfully.

I can buy a C5 PCM that has this option turned off using Tuner Cat but I would like to know if it will work without the TAC module and electric throttle body. I want to use the C5 operating system because I have the tuning capability with HP Tuner to tune it without having to buy another license every time I want to do this.

I know that the PCM will put the engine in 'Reduced Power' mode if there is a problem with the ETC system. How does the PCM reduce the power? If it just does not allow movement of the electronic throttle blade, then it would not have any effect with a cable throttle system and the engine may run normally even though reduced power were commanded. If the PCM cuts fuel or timing then it would be a problem. The reason I ask this is the engine might run fine without an ETC system present and no PCM modifications would be necessary.
TIA
MrE
Old 09-27-2012, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume you are wanting drive by cable, and in that case the easiest thing to do would be to just simply flash the pcm with a 2002 camaro complete calibration. Then edit the simple stuff from there.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

I have HP Tuner capability to tune any Corvette from '98 to '04. I have zero tuning capability for F-body PCM's. I have spent a lot of money to get that tuning capability and I'd like to be able to use it. I am using the LS engines in boats. Hence the need for cable throttle body.

I would like to hear from someone with actual experience with FBW PCM's used with a cable throttle system.
MrE
Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

I was just trying to give you the simplest route, however I sense some severe sarcasm. I can tell you how to achieve what you want, as I DO have REAL experience with it. However, I will let you wait for someone you feel has REAL experience.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

I am not being sarcastic. I am just looking for a solution that will let me tune with my Corvette capability. I already have 2 boats running with F-Body operating systems and each has required me to buy another VIN license.

If you have the knowledge I am looking for, please provide it. I am not looking for solutions I am already using.
MrE
Old 09-27-2012, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

if you have already tuned a fbody car and still have the file you will not have to license anything. Because you have a license for the vette, provided you flash the pcm with a fbody file that you have already licensed.

Another easy way to do it is load a fbody file as a compare file and just copy over the differences between the two files. Only change the throttle settings.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Teching In

You might want to check PCM if it has the pins to wire in the iac
Old 09-27-2012, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heavy foot
You might want to check PCM if it has the pins to wire in the iac
0411 can control both

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fly by Wire PCM on cable T/B Engine?