Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission non-responsive lack of power?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default transmission non-responsive lack of power?

Feel like I've been using more than my share of these forums but its the first site I've gotten actual help on so lets hope the luck continues! If you've seen my posts before you know I'm attempting a 6.0 swap into a formerly v6 98 camaro. Got the proper LS1 wiring harness w automatic transmission, proper PCM tuned to my specs. All I changed as far as the wiring is the engine and transmission side of the harnesses and everything else on the body is the v6 wiring but I started with the base of base models except power locks. The thing is everything works fine and dandy except I had to tie in the INJ2 wire to switch 12 volt of course and also for some odd reason all the power stays switched on when I have the IGN relay installed. When I pull this fuse it starts and shuts off, no problem and no ill effects except what this post is actually about... the transmission.

No matter what combination of relays or jumper wires I mess with the transmission doesn't respond to any scanner. This was the sole purpose I bought a new comp tuned to my setup and trans and still no response. I've gone through the c100's on the passenger fender well and connected power to every pink wire that wasn't getting it when I turned the key to start and all I've managed to do is burn up my blower motor. Is there something else in the wiring I'm missing that will give my trans the power she needs to get? Perhaps another piece of pertinent info is that the trans is from a v6 but I was assured by the builder that w/ the proper torque converter and bellhousing it should be fine... any ideas?

Quick Reply: transmission non-responsive lack of power?