Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Nadine" and the Fireball...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Nadine" and the Fireball...

SO I just got done with the Fireball Run Adventurally 2012. Took my LS-1 Miata from Independance, Ohio to Bangor, Maine in 8 days passing out flyers for missing kids. We placed 34th of 43 overall but that was with a half day lost to a phone that went AWOL at Watkins Glenn Raceway and the fact that we blew off check points in our home town because we pulled up to the green to find 120+ of our fans hanging out waiting for us..... people are more important than positions when they are the ones that got us in the race!
The car was flawless from start to finish. It ran 0-60 in 4.8 seconds flat taking only 280.3 feet to get there. We placed in the top 5 at both autocross events against the likes of a handfull of Ferraris, a few Porches, a Ford GT, and a little thing called a Devon GTX.... Quite a nice group to be playing with if you ask me.
My co-driver Joe and I got to meet folks that I am sure will be life long friends and got to do things that most folks will never have a shot at. Like what? How about holding an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, and a Pulitzer in the same week. I also got to walk on the actual set of "I love Lucy" and even got to sit in Lucielle Ball's Mercades Benz. Then we got to sit at the desk of the man that was the presiding Judge of the Nuremberg Trials. Oh yeah... add in a lap of Watkins Glenn, Lime Rock Race Park, and paddling a 1200lb pumpkin around a lake.
We did so much I am still waking up at night laughing that I remembered stuff.
Please do me a favor and take a look at Fireballrun.com I am not asking for money, or donations of any kind, but the whole point of this is to bring awareness to missing kids here in the good old USA... ya never know who will be the one to call in the tip that finds one of "OUR" kids. Lots of pictures of really cool cars and even better people too.
Thanks, Chris

Quick Reply: "Nadine" and the Fireball...