Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? For Fox Guys

Old 10-17-2012, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? For Fox Guys

First off, let me apologize if these questions has been asked a million times over and over.
I wanted to know if someone wanted a really strong Street/Strip car. Which makes sense on a budget? Going with a fbody or doing a fox with a LS in it?
Thinking of a fox with maybe a 4xx cubic inch motor on the jug. But I don't have a *** load of money to spend and I still have to get the car. Would you just buy a Fbody or would I come out cheaper doing a fox?
Also I will add that a shop is the one that will be doing the wrenching on the car.

What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heavy H.P.
First off, let me apologize if these questions has been asked a million times over and over.
I wanted to know if someone wanted a really strong Street/Strip car. Which makes sense on a budget? Going with a fbody or doing a fox with a LS in it?
Thinking of a fox with maybe a 4xx cubic inch motor on the jug. But I don't have a *** load of money to spend and I still have to get the car. Would you just buy a Fbody or would I come out cheaper doing a fox?
Also I will add that a shop is the one that will be doing the wrenching on the car.

What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Honestly the labor is going to kill your budget. I did all my own labor and so far I've only got about $1,500 in my project including a low mileage clean fox body, lq9.. th350 harness Ecu... ls1 intake.. a local shop would have charged 2-3k just for the labor I did.. wire tuck, shaved and painted the engine bay and the swap itself.. is be in it 4-5k at this point. Try to do as much of the swap as possible yourself. If you need help that's what the internet is for.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ? For Fox Guys