Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a Turbo 5.3 build

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about a Turbo 5.3 build

Well like the title says I would like to start on a turbo 5.3 build. I recently got my hands on a 2003 LM7 with 60k miles. Hope to get some input and be put in the right direction. I would like to put it in a foxbody with a 76mm. Looking to have it around ~12psi and Shooting for +550hp with goals of someday seeing 10's. I am not in a big hurry with this build but would like to start going on the motor this winter and have it ready to drop in. Keeping the stock 706 heads and going with a LS1 intake. I am looking to go with a Z06 cam. Not sure to go with the GM yellow springs or with duals? Head studs, 80lbs injectors, I'm leaning toward e85 vs 91. As for head gaskets I hear guys using the LS9 head gaskets. Wondering how these larger bore gaskets would work with the smaller bore 5.3? I would like to have a th400 trans behind it with ~3000 stall. That is what I have planned and those are my goals seems like a build that has been done plenty of times and hope my goals are not too far off par. Everything is up in the air at this time and I'm looking for your help!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If going FI, ditch the yellow springs and pick up a nice set of dual springs. 80lb injectors will work for 91, but they will be too small if you decide to go e85. LS9 gaskets will work just fine on the 5.3. Many people are running them, including myself.

Do some reading in the forced induction section. A TON of good info there that will help you with your decisions. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Thinking about a Turbo 5.3 build