Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which ly6 accessories with vvt delete?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ly6 accessories with vvt delete?

Doing some research on my 67 nova with tci front clip using ly6 block and ls3 intake. I read that the Ctsv front drive accessories wouldn't work on my iron ly6 block and that I needed to use the corvette http://paceperformance.com/i-6255430...-engines.html?
I talked to vintage air and they said they sell a low mount bracket and ac compressor for their system too.

Any clue on this?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you delete the VVT and run a LS2/3 timing cover it will fit the vette drive. The VVT cover sticks out and hits most water pumps other that the VVT ones.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Powe
Doing some research on my 67 nova with tci front clip using ly6 block and ls3 intake. I read that the Ctsv front drive accessories wouldn't work on my iron ly6 block and that I needed to use the corvette http://paceperformance.com/i-6255430...-engines.html?
I talked to vintage air and they said they sell a low mount bracket and ac compressor for their system too.

Any clue on this?
The VA low mount bracket still requires you to notch your subframe to fit.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bo185
If you delete the VVT and run a LS2/3 timing cover it will fit the vette drive. The VVT cover sticks out and hits most water pumps other that the VVT ones.
I'm buying the VVT delete kit for the car which comes with the front timing cover. Simply trying to figure out which complete front drive accessory package from GMPP I can use on the LY6 iron block (CTSV, or Vette)? Both are about $730 for the complete set up. I was told there are no holes and possibly no bosses to drill for some brackets on the CTSV unit?
Originally Posted by Rocketrod
The VA low mount bracket still requires you to notch your subframe to fit.
Is this for a 66-67 Nova using TCI Mii front clip? Do you have pics of how this looks?

Quick Reply: Which ly6 accessories with vvt delete?