Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E38 ECM Harness extension?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default E38 ECM Harness extension?

Does anyone know if there are any E38 ECM harness extenders being sold?
In my LS3 engine swap, I do not have a place near to the engine where I can locate the E38 ECM. I would like to extend the X1 and X2 connectors and place the ECM about 18" away from where it is now.

I can purchase the Molex MX123 Male and female connectors and all the pins and make my own harness extensions, but would rather purchase a pre-made harness set.

If I have to make my own harnesses, has anyone done this themselves?
I am aware that I can purchase the connectors from several places, and the wire from Waytek. but Waytek only lists primary colors for 20 gauge wires. (plus 250 ft min per color)
Does anyone know a source for multi colored wires?
Also, I would prefer not to have to strip the wires out of a wrecking yard harness.

Thanks.

Joe
Old 11-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No response from anyone?

As so many things go these days, I've had to figure it out myself. I've purchased the Molex connectors, and pins, but am still working on the best source for GM colored wire. Junk yard harnesses could be the way to go, but there is no guarantee that I will get all the lengths I need in all the colors I need.

I suppose I'll have to go with the basic colors and label all the wires. More time consuming, but it will work
Attached Thumbnails E38 ECM Harness extension?-img_3629.jpg  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.currentperformance.com sells a lot of harness accessories and would probably manufacture a preassembled extension. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tijoe
No response from anyone?

As so many things go these days, I've had to figure it out myself. I've purchased the Molex connectors, and pins, but am still working on the best source for GM colored wire. Junk yard harnesses could be the way to go, but there is no guarantee that I will get all the lengths I need in all the colors I need.

I suppose I'll have to go with the basic colors and label all the wires. More time consuming, but it will work

This thread is old, but worth a shot. Saw this post and am interested in doing a harness extension. May I ask, did you ever complete it? Run into any problems? Where did you purchase the Molex 123 male connectors?

Thanks,
Clint
Old 02-04-2021, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,350 Posts

tijoe hasn't been here in 7 years. Check poster profile...
Old 03-05-2022, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Google "Boomslang Harness Extension". They have them for LS3.

Quick Reply: E38 ECM Harness extension?