Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G Body motor mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G Body motor mounts?

I am new to LS engines after many years of racing small and big blocks. I am trying to find out what my options are for motor mounts. I am working on putting a 5.3 into a 85 Monte race car. My main questions are. Who offers a motor mount that will keep the transmission in the stock location? I want to keep the engine and trans as far back as I can, the firewall has been moved back slightly from stock so clearance shouldn't be a problem. And secondly, will the std truck pan fit in a G body?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Truck pan hangs way too low for most people's comfort level. Most run the "muscle car pan" from GMPP, or a modded (or not depending on application) F-body pan. I prefer the Autokraft pan personally.

For mounts, you can make your own if you want a very specific spot...I'm betting that even the 1" set-back adapter plates might not be to your liking. Mounts don't look too hard to make if you have some skill with a welder and the time/patience to do a couple test fits to make sure the engine is sitting true. Otherwise I think the adjstable "dirty dingo" adapters more the engine the farthest back.

Quick Reply: G Body motor mounts?