Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prime Wheels??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Prime Wheels??

Greetings all. I picked up a set of prostar looking wheels from a friend of mine. He don't know much about them because they came off a Nova he just bought. They have "Pacer" center caps but the wheels don't have any other markings. I'm hoping with the diversity of people on this board maybe someone can help me figure out what brand they are.

The wheels are 15x8" and 15x4" take a conical lug nut and are 2 piece welded together; bare polished aluminum.

All the info I can find on Pacers (which isn't much since their web site SUCKS) says that their "Dragstar" wheels are 1 piece design. Is it possible that they used to make them as 2 piece and then switched over to 1 piece design later?

If anyone knows anything about pacers please chime in. If you have 2 piece Pacers or know where to find a part number or some kind of identification stuff on them please speak up. I'd really like to know who made these wheels so that I can get a matching pair of 15x7" for street use...I don't feel too comfortable with skinnies pulling daily duty on my 87 Monte

Last edited by spacemanspif; 12-01-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

OK so I figured out that the wheels aren't Pacers, but actually "Prime" wheels. I've never heard of the brand before so any insight on them would be great. Not much to be found online either. Found their website and saw the style has be discontinued and sent them an email but would like to hear what the public review of them would be.

Thanks,
Old 12-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what i remember there real old school,there prob just some prostar look alikes,i know they use to make 3 bar rims back in the day,in the future please post pics so we can get an idea of what ur talking about,just prime wheels isnt going to get much in return on here
Old 12-01-2012, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry, yea they are prostar knock-offs. Just wondering if they are going to fall apart on me while heading down the road/track. Never heard of the company and would like to know if there are any horror stories out there. They are stamped USA too so I guess quality can't be all that bad...

Quick Reply: Prime Wheels??