Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transaxle options

Old 12-19-2012, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transaxle options

Hello,

I am currently in the process of buying components for my next project. This will not be a road car. I am thinking of maybe competing in some classes but for now its just for fun. The car will be a BMW Z3 coupe preferably an M coupe. I am currently looking for a good roller or collision car to use. I had an idea and I would like some feedback. Cost does not bother me I am not rich but this is my one project and it will likely be long term because I want it to be unique and very functional.

My question arises due to the fact that i want to use a sequential gear box. Then I started thinking how awesome it would be to use a transaxle. Similar to a Z06. The easy way to do this would to be to use a Z06 belhousing, torque tube and entire rear set up. However this limits me from pushing the engine back and lowering it as much as possible. I would like to use something like a Emco GT46 transaxle. It is used in most of the rollex cars. The problem i am having is I have no idea what type of torque tube and belhousing set up you would use with this. Can anypne lend me some insight?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transaxle options