Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

one wire p/n swithc rev limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default one wire p/n swithc rev limiter?

I have read that you can hookup a single wire p/n signal to the pcm to trigger the secondary rev limiter like a 2-step. I have seen it done, but no real details on how it's done. I tried myself but apparently failed. I hooked up the P/N swith input pin (blue connector pin number 34) hooked to a push button to ground. In HP Tuners I have set the rev limiter how i want, but the button is not activating it. anyone shed some light on what I need to do?
Old 12-25-2012, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know what youd need to do but I can say it does not work well for a two step.i tried it out last summer and soon as released it stays active temporarily.seems like I had another issue as well but cant remember
Old 12-25-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

this guy made it work somehow, and my friend did it on his stock v6 firebird. not sure how the external hookups work
Old 12-25-2012, 10:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, maybe it does work then.i just know I had issues on mine.but I also could have sworn alot of people have said its not effective
Old 04-18-2013, 03:02 AM
TECH Regular

going to bump this up from the past since I really need to get this working now. I looked at the wiring schematic here and didn't clarify anything for me. would making the momentary switch to 12v+ to this wire activate it instead of grounding it?

Quick Reply: one wire p/n swithc rev limiter?