Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with pcv setup

Old 01-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with pcv setup

I have a 2000 ls1 in an 86 mustang im having trouble figuring out the pcv setup. there are two nipples on the driver side valve cover and from what i can see, NONE on the passenger side cover. did i put the wrong valve covers on the wrong sides? a crude diagram would really help me line this all up for once. i tried searching it but had trouble finding my setup, sorry if this is painfully obvious!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If this is in Fact a 00' LS1, The driver side valve cover should have only one rear (return/Dirty) port for the PCV, The passenger side would have the Oil Filler neck, Front one is Fresh Air port and a rear port of the PCV (return/dirty) system.

The rear driver would then feed into a Y fitting that joins the Passenger side rear port. It then go to the port on the Intake behind Throttle Body.
The Front port of the Passenger side is the Fresh air that connects to the Throttle Body port.

If you search for PCV, many have posted pictures, diagrames and drawing.. I don't have any myself.

Good Luck.

BC
Old 01-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought it used and only partially assembled. the ports i described on the valve covers are what i have, including the oil filler neck/holes as well. i only see 2 on the one cover which is currently on my drivers side. and then the standard intake/TB ports as well. ive found diagrams for a 2000 pcv system but it doesnt seem to fit with the ports i have
Old 01-05-2013, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just covered this the other day.

See page 2 - https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-impala-2.html

Doug
Old 01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your motor is apart I would highly recommen the LS6 PCV mod. Do a search and if you still have problems PM me. This replaces the valley cover with the LS6 cover which has a baffle in it. It will help oil consumption while you are at it and it is only about a $50 mod.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help with pcv setup