Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble with The recent ls1 swap..

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with The recent ls1 swap..

So heres the story.

I recently finished up my ls1 swap, 99 ls1 out of z28 with the 99 harness into a 98 camaro.
I finally got it started up and drivable on sunday. it has a few minor issues which were expected.
but today i finally decided to fix the corroded pcv pipe at the back of the manifold.
(I know i shouldve done this when everything was out but i let my excitement blind me being only 20 and all)

So i removed the intake manifold which i have done before with the engine in the car fixed the pcv issues
then put the manifold back on plugged back all the connections i had undone and tried to start it but all it does is crank.
not even a little blip of wanting to start. I looked at all the connections, Coils, Injectors, etc. they are all connected.
i am getting fuel to the rails, and getting spark, but no start. im sorta lost...

Im going to remove the intake again tomorrow to see if i may have mistakingly missed or messed up something.
but any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. (and sorry if this isnt the right forum.. this is my first thread on here.)
Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

Possibly the intake didnt seat properly? And u have a major vacuum leak... also did u check for spark at more than one coil? And did u put a fuel pressure gauge on it to check key on pressure and cranking pressure? Also a noid light to check for an injector pulse would be something to check. Also u should recheck everything from the install all grounds connectors. Did u use a computer from the same motor and harness for the swap? Just trying to get the most info as possible to help ya out.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:23 AM
Teching In

possibly. and i figured that the way the motor was running thats why i got that all fixed up then this happened. and no, it was already pretty late so i figured id just wait till the morning to get back on it. ill check the fuel pressure tomorrow and check for an injector pulse and all the wiring which could be the issue as you stated. and the computer was from a 2000 z28. ive had the vats and all the emissions deleted. but i believe the pinout for the computer is the same for the 99 - 02 years so it should be fine with the 99 harness. it ran and started fine until i did this so something i may have accidently done has caused this.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 AM
Teching In

And also the only wiring thats from the 99 is the engine harness. the rest of the wiring on the car is still from the 98.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

Didn't forget the cam sensor did you?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ls1nova beat me to it. Make sure the cam sensor is plugged in.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 01-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Update: So I went out there this morning and double checked all the connections i had undone, only things i disconnected in the back were the map and knock sensors so i know the cam sensor is still plugged in. but anyways, i looked at the wiring and fuses and decided to try and start it hoping something would happen. so i cranked it and nothing, it just spun. so then i held the pedal to the floor and tried then it fired up. from what ive read holding the pedal to the floor kills the injectors so the engine doesnt flood is that correct? but im still going to check if the manifold didnt seat correctly. all this happening after removing the manifold has me suspicious.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Problem solved. after rechecking all the wiring again i saw that the black wire on the tps had been cut somehow. re did it and it fired up like nothing was wrong. thank you guys for your input!

Quick Reply: Trouble with The recent ls1 swap..