Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with wiring

Old 01-18-2013, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with wiring

I am in the process of doing my own standalone harness. I bought the bp automotive fuse relay box and am going to be working on the wiring this weekend. I have a 99 corvette pcm and a 01 5.3 harness. according to the pinouts the corvette and the 5.3 are very close as to which pins go where but there are a few that are different. Do I just leave the harness as is or should I repin it to the corvette pinout diagram? Also I have heard mixed info on that pcm. Is it a drive by cable or drive by wire pcm? I am going to go drive by cable.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Can't speak to the fuse box, but the PCM, if from a Corvette, is factory Drive By wire. You will have to get it programmed for Drive By Cable. Hope that helps.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

If I am looking at the pinouts correctly on the diagram I found. it appears the vette pcm is Drive by wire since it requires the TAC module. Is that correct?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Thanks looks like I was reading it correctly. So i will leave the harness alone as I have deleted the transmission wires out of it as I am running a th400 and then forget about repinning it to the vette pinouts and just get it programmed to drive by cable as the harness appears to be already set up for it. thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help with wiring