Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump Location for my swap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Location for my swap?

Swapping LS in my 78 vette. The reason I ask is I have a lot of room behind the front passenger fender well. I need to run a bigger line 3/8 from the tank to the engine anyway? I can then use the original fuel line as the return to tank. This would provide a little better access to pump and regulator if I have fuel problems down the road.
Does the fuel pump have to be located back by the tank? If so why?
I am also adding the Corvette regulator filter. Would an additional fuel filter harm flow if added back by the tank?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Electric pumps are better at pushing than pulling. This is why they are normally located close to, or in the tank. This is why your electric pump should be lower than the tank bottom to keep a siphon action to feed the pump. A lot of people have problems pulling out of the top of the tank and find a sump or bottom pickup works better. This is one of the reasons why I used an in tank pump with a stock module bucket in my C3. A regular fuel filter on the intake side of the pump would be too much of a restriction. A screen of a larger opening is normally used, similar to the "sock" strainer found on the stock suction pickup.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Going to go this route. will need to source a harness
http://www.vetteworksonline.net/cata...products_id=89
http://www.vetteworksonline.net/cata...pping_cart.php
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by donnie_19
You will probably like the in tank better, quiet, & cooler = longevity. If you use the F body module you need only one line as the regulator is in the module. I used a junkyard late model front drive module, with a new pump, and used a regulator on the fuel rail. Ran new lines on drivers side, and did a home built version of the Vetteworks kit.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Location for my swap?