Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 LS1 into 93 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 LS1 into 93 T/A

I traded for a 98 SS camaro a couple months ago, the car has roughly 50K on the engine and trans, however the body came from northern ohio and it has major rust, my original plan was to repair the floor boards and restore the car but i have decided that its too far gone to save......so i picked up a 93 T/A body that had a small engine fire from a friend for cheap (free), this car is 100% rust free but has no motor or trans. My question is to avoid a major rewire can i just use the complete wiring harness from the 98 SS on the 93 T/A and if so what modifications will i have to make for this to work, I'm wanting to swap entire drivetrain from the SS and i already know what hard parts are needed just a little confused on whether the camaro harness will work on the T/A especially with the pop up headlights.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can re-wire one to work with the other. However, while your going through that work I would repin the harness for the newer PCM and sell the 98, they will bring more than you think because they are getting rare.

If you decide you would just rather get a new one, I can build you a brand new one for that engine. Better than factory quality, has all the clips and fasteners included, heat taped like factory and has a brand new f-body firewall grommet for a factory seal.

I have tons of pictures of these harnesses that I can post, they will be up on my website as soon as it gets its revamp.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 02-09-2013, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

You can transfer everything over but the headlights might be a pain. If you can do wiring I would just rewrite the engine harness to work. The 98 is the easiest one to use.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Yea it's pretty easy to wire...like really easy with that 1998 Harness..

I did the one in this car..1993 Fbody, 1999-02 Harness..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-6-0-swap.html

Here is a good thread on this..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...on-sticky.html
Old 02-10-2013, 04:31 AM
Teching In

thanks for the help guys, im pretty good at rewiring i just wanted some input from those who have done it, and i completely missed that sticky thanks for the link.

Quick Reply: 98 LS1 into 93 T/A