Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM LS high pressure sensor fittings?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GM LS high pressure sensor fittings?

Took my F-body line along with my Malibu's high pressure line to the AC shop today and was told he can't cut the pressure sensor fitting off of the F-body line because it will break and then not seal. He told me if I could find a fitting maybe one with barbs on the end he could splice into the existing line and go that route, but am having trouble finding a fitting that will work.

I searched and searched and everyone said Docs Blocks had a fitting for this, however they are no more.

Does anyone know where I can find one of these fittings? I don't want to have to get a nitrous window switch in order for the compressor to shut off at WOT and would like the AC system to be wired like GM intended it to...
Old 02-13-2013, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Have you tried doing a search on ebay for a/c fitting? There are a ton of them listed on there. Not sure if they are what your looking for.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes I see the AN fittings that various manufacturers make but I was looking more along the lines of something OEM like.

I found one last night on Google from a guy somewhere in Europe that has it on his LS1 69' Camaro. He had a place take a 1/4" fitting, braze it into the line, and then cut the threads down to adapt to the sensor, but I'm not sure how that will hold pressure
Old 02-13-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Aha! Found it
https://ls1tech.com/forums/5693802-post8.html

See I'm looking for something along the lines of this but in the correct thread for the sensor. I really don't think I have any other choice but to do what they did, I'm just a little weary that I will screw it up no pun intended
Old 02-13-2013, 11:22 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Why not cut the section of line out with the f-body pressure sensor fitting in it and then just section that piece of line into the malibu line? You can swage the ends of one line and weld it back together with a map torch and aluminum welding rod.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

See I am starting to think the guy at the AC shop didn't want to think too hard.... That idea sounds good especially since he wanted a barbed t fitting in the middle of my hardline in which he would of had to do that anyways...

Luckily it was slow at work so I searched all day and found this http://www.starkmfg.com/EngineeringR...ion.aspx?id=20. About halfway down the page. Gonna call them tomorrow
Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Default pressure sensor fitting

I think you need to find a new hose shop. My local shop removed the high
pressure switch port and soldered it, along with a service port, right where I needed them. The port was from an '06 GTO, now in my El Camino. Works great- no leaks.

Blanchard
Attached Thumbnails GM LS high pressure sensor fittings?-pict0117.jpg   GM LS high pressure sensor fittings?-img_4137.jpg  

Quick Reply: GM LS high pressure sensor fittings?