Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on R34 Skyline Turbo 5.3 swap Nissan people please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on R34 Skyline Turbo 5.3 swap Nissan people please help!!!

I have a customer that wants to swap his R34. Before I get anyone freaking out on me the car is a GT that was a RB20DE in its former life. Rather than spending the crazy amount of money to swap it to a RB26DETT and have all of the problems finding parts for it as things break, he decied to go to the correct side and swap a LS engine in. My question is....

Has anyone ever done this swap before?

If so what did you do for mounts?

If not does anyone know how closely related the R34 and S14 are as far as their K-member? They visually look almost identical, but I'm not sure.

If the S14 and R34 are atleast close I will probably try to use the Sikky S14 swap kit. Either way it should be a fun build and I will start a full build thread once I start!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

If I remember right there is someone on here that is doing an AWD setup on his S14. A lot of the parts came directly out of a Skylilne. Not sure which version though. The S14 setup may work, but there is only one way to find out for sure Just do it! I will be making my own mounts, a lot of people seem to do that around here. I have faith that you can do it.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Thanks bud I'm sure I can as well, but if I can get mounts that would be one less thing to worry about. I tried so hard to talk this guy into a N/A bulid just bc I knew it would be soooooo much easier to do, but he is dead set on a turbo build with a/c and power steering. It's cool though it will just cost him more $$$$$$.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Did you check out SilviaV8 forums it seems to be where a lot of the nissan swap people hang out
Old 03-05-2013, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Oh yeah, what he said^.

He wants turbo, ac, and PS?? Good luck with that. I will be watching this one for sure
Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
Oh yeah, what he said^.

He wants turbo, ac, and PS?? Good luck with that. I will be watching this one for sure
Yea dude wants a true street car that " his wife could drive if she wanted." I think I could make it happen pretty easy if it were a N/A build.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pacer Racer
Did you check out SilviaV8 forums it seems to be where a lot of the nissan swap people hang out
I'm going to check it out now thanks.

Quick Reply: Questions on R34 Skyline Turbo 5.3 swap Nissan people please help!!!