Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 and 08 vvt cams and phasers

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 07 and 08 vvt cams and phasers

Just a heads up for all wishing to put an aftermarket vvt cam in their 07 or 08 ls engines , there are 2 different phasers , 2 different phase limiters , and 2 different cam cores used for these year vvt engines . If you want to order aftermarket vvt upgrades it is necessary to inspect your phaser ,and get the number off of it in order to get the correct cam , and limiter , some will say you can get it from the vin ,,BUT ,I would make sure as there are alot of mix and match "full pulls" out there , and it is possible to get the wrong parts , possibly with disastrous results . My research has concluded that there were 2 differant phasers in 07 an 08 , and 09 forward has the newer version , the new version phaser number from gm is 12606358 , very hard to see on the cam sensor sprocket , it uses the 5460 limiter from comp , and 189 core comp cams .Here is a picture of the part number , very hard to see , there is a big 358 number on the chain sprocket also that is much easier to see

The part number for the older phaser is 1258994 , it uses limiter number 5456 , and the specific comp cam core is 156 . Cudos to texas speed for setting me straight , great guys there .

Last edited by ijimmy; 01-13-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Quick Reply: 07 and 08 vvt cams and phasers