Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Swap into 72 Camaro- Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Swap into 72 Camaro- Help!

I am getting ready to put everything together and have a few questions...

For the fuel lines, what is the best way to run these and what are you using?I have been looking into running SS braided lines to AN fititng from the fuel rails to the Corvette Filter/ Regulator(trying to make sure I have the right size fititngs for this..)..or am I better off just using regular fuel lines? Will the factory 4th gen fuel lines be long enough?

To swap in a 4th gen Radiator and Electric fans, what all do i need? do I need the 4th gen radiator shroud and any lower/ upper radiator/ fan brackets?

I am using the Painless Wiring harness(http://discountperformanceauto.com/p...la&kw=&utm_ter

What Relay kit should I use to wire the fans to be controlled by the PCM? Any suggestions here from experience?

Thanks guys!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

If you're going to go braided steel (I did), use PTFE line, not rubber. Today's gas has all kinds of crap in it that will rot the rubber lines over time, and also can allow vapor through the line, causing your garage to stink. The lines and fittings aren't much more than the rubber lines/fittings.

Can't help on the radiator/fan setup- I used a Griffin setup that came as a complete package with radiator, fan, shroud and harnesses/relays.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Teching In

I ran -8 fuel lines and ran a external regulator. i ran -6 return line. im running a swap radiator from griffin.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

The retrofit section on nastyz28.com has had numerous threads about 4th gen radiators lately, you should be able to find all your answers there. If I remember correctly you use the shroud from the second gen.

Quick Reply: LS1 Swap into 72 Camaro- Help!