Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

71 Nova LQ9 MS3 holley hp swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 71 Nova LQ9 MS3 holley hp swap

After months of working on it, its finally done! Its a 71 Nova with an LQ9 swap. Running 243 heads, MS3 camshaft, F body intake and waterpump swap, Dirty Dingo mounts and Dougs headers. I decided to keep it fuel injected and didnt want to stay with the OE pcm since I wanted the flexibility of tuning it easily and I am running a TH350. The Holley HP EFI system seemed right for the job. Just got it fired up over the weekend and couldnt be happier with it! The Holley kit is amazing and the car runs stronger than ever. Im not one to make up an entire build thread, but I wanted to throw this out there in case anyone had questions on their build that I may be able to answer and make someone elses swap go smoother.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Did you do away with the factory module and use the Holley in it's place? If so, did it plug right up or did you have to get a special adapter from Holley? I am building a turbo LS1 for my 65 Chevy II and i have the Holley HP and need to know so I make sure I have all I need.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

Yes, the Holley is a standalone kit, part # 550-602. It comes with an LS1 specific harness that utilizes all the factory sensors but does not come with any sensors. It is plug n play. You need to hook up 2 constant powers, 1 switched power, and two loose grounds. Very nice system. Self corrects to hit whatever afr you tell it to. I have two friends using it on LS turbo applications and it works great.

If you have the HP module, you can buy the LS harness through Holley. Also, not sure what version you are running, but the new software version 2 offers some very helpful enhancements to tuning the LS and Id recommend downloading it.

Quick Reply: 71 Nova LQ9 MS3 holley hp swap