Sponsored by:

Drive by wire vs 200 4r , my solution

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Drive by wire vs 200 4r , my solution

I have a roller bearing on a bracket with a slotted wheel welded to it
The throttle position cable goes to the firewall and I added cable wrapped it around the bearing and screwed it to the gas pedal with a elrctrical loop connecter .
Old 03-23-2013, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. How well does it work? Any challenges adjusting the TV?
Old 01-12-2014, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

works great
Old 01-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

I read an article that told you how to modify the valve body to eliminate the cable. Constant pressure valve from TCI.

Last edited by ART T; 01-12-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any more info on the constant pressure stuff to eliminate the cable all together? I'm running a 200-4r with an ls engine but I have to flip the TB over due to a supercharger pulley in the way... No cable would be *******... Edit: reading on the tci website, it still needs the tv cable for proper shifting speeds.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

You're the second one that I've seen take that approach. Over on one of the Porsche sites, there's a guy doing a 928 with an LS with DBW TB. I think he fabbed a small arm to the top of the pedal to mimic the original Porsche design and hooked the CV cable to that. That way it mimicked the geometry and travel.
I don't know how accurate those aspects are to the various trans, but do recall correct adjustment is important.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:21 AM
TECH Regular

Well it has not granaded on me yet , seems to work fine , I have a 2004r with the constant pressure ready for my next build , love these transmissions , as stated they still need the tv cable . The only trouble I have had from a 2004r is a huges converter self destructing on me , killed the whole trany , but was rebuild able , the trany that is
Old 01-14-2014, 05:37 AM
Teching In

Hey, this is genious idea! I'm going to use current non-electric trans on my build, and this pedal mounted tv-cable would be cheap sollution to go. You mind if I copy it?
Old 01-14-2014, 06:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HeikkiH
Hey, this is genious idea! I'm going to use current non-electric trans on my build, and this pedal mounted tv-cable would be cheap sollution to go. You mind if I copy it?
Thats what this whole site is about , let us know how it works
I copied this from performance transmission

#1. The button that the cable hooks to at the carburetor or throttle body must have a 1 and 3/32-inch radius from the center of the throttle shaft to the center of the button the cable hooks to.

#2. Looking at the throttle shaft lever from the left side at idle position, 33% of the throttle lever total travel must be to the rear of the throttle shaft centerline. And at wide-open throttle, 67% to the front of the throttle shaft centerline. This will be about 1/2-inch to the rear and 1 inch to the front of the throttle shaft centerline.

#3. The throttle valve cable must be hooked up in this manner so the pressure will rise faster off idle and slow down at heavy throttle. If the pressure cable is pulled in a more even manner the pressure will be too low at light throttle. Failure to hook-up the throttle cable in this way will burn the three-four clutch pack up fast.

#4. The throttle valve cable controls transmission pressure. Adjusting this cable is the most important step when installing a 700R4, 4L60 or 200-4R transmission.

#5. The final step is to adjust the throttle valve cable. The cable must be adjusted so it is pulled fully out at wide-open throttle. To make sure disconnect the cable, hold the throttle wide open with your left hand, pull the cable fully out with your right hand and see if the cable end lines up with the button on the throttle lever.

Quick Reply: Drive by wire vs 200 4r , my solution