Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Rangers, no Mazda B2/3000 LS swaps?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default No Rangers, no Mazda B2/3000 LS swaps?

I have searched now, over some time, trying to find ranger swaps here or there, I can never find anything concrete, nor any kind of pics, or builds of one. I have a daily B3000 that is in good shape inside and out but,..my stock 3.0 trans won't last forever, and the engine probably won't either since I am @ 160k now.... I have a few spare LSx motors laying around, and have since been thinking about a fun toy/daily driver. Guessing it would get better fuel economy then my V6 in the long run after some tuning.

Anyone do a ranger or similar build that you all know of? I can't find ****.

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None have been documented. A build thread popped up a few months ago but it didn't go anywhere. I have found a bunch of tree fiddy swaps out there in internet land. I'd suggest reading up on those and adapting what information you can.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

i had one with a 302 years ago.

i liked it, and have some suspension part still left after i parted it out due to rut. if i can find another with a clean enough body, id like to do one.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by i r teh noobz
None have been documented. A build thread popped up a few months ago but it didn't go anywhere. I have found a bunch of tree fiddy swaps out there in internet land. I'd suggest reading up on those and adapting what information you can.
Thanks man, i'll see what I can find.

Originally Posted by brewster240
i had one with a 302 years ago.

i liked it, and have some suspension part still left after i parted it out due to rut. if i can find another with a clean enough body, id like to do one.

Nice. I will search for some similar swaps, and see if I can find more info on that setup for ideas.

either I am gonna find a 5 speed for this thing, and turbo the stock motor, or I am gonna LS it...
Old 04-13-2013, 08:11 AM

Here's one I've been working on for a while. This is my coyote chasing desert truck. This picture is fairly old - currently in the process of long travel front with remote resevoir coilovers. Then the truck *should* be ready to run for a while, then will be a 4-link long travel rear and I also have a turbo waiting for it.

Mine's a '93, single cab, 4WD. Used to be a 2.3. Went with an '01 (cable throttle, return fuel) 5.3, 4L80E, and NP241 case.

I-beam/crossmember to oil pan clearance is an issue. I chose to drop and reinforce the beam mounts to get them out of the way. Steering shaft clearance was also a big issue. The stock cast manifolds completely cover the steering shaft at the gear no matter how you do it. Also, the manifolds dump directly on top of the frame rails in stock configuration. I built headers to get around it. This truck also has a body lift, so that helps with lots of clearance points as well.

My original plan should have taken around 4-6 weeks to have it running. It has now been almost 6 months haha!

-Matt

Quick Reply: No Rangers, no Mazda B2/3000 LS swaps?