Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternate PCV connection location

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alternate PCV connection location

I have apparently around a 98 LS1. I know it is an LS1 with an LS1 intake (flat bottom).

I saw on another forum how they used an LS6 valley cover to relocate the PCV connection. It took it away from a connection on each valve cover, to a single connection right below the TB. VERY sanitary. However, more than sanitary, it eliminated most of the oil that gets sucked into the intake which pools there. With this you also do not need a catch can

So it is a great idea, HOWEVER, I have a kit car and all this started since I wanted to flip the intake manifold around.

Doing this has proven so far quiet easy. Just deal with the oil pressure sender (install and elbow or relocate it near the oil filter), relocate the wiring and a couple of brackets.

If I use the LS6 valley cover now, the point of connection will be at the front of the engine, while my TB is at the rear.

I am considering installing an elbow in the center of the valley cover (as there is a dimple above it in the intake) and running a line toward my TB.

Anyone ever done something like this?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Alternate PCV connection location