Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reverse rotation procharger ina 1971 nova

Old 04-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reverse rotation procharger ina 1971 nova

I was wondering if anyone tried to install a procharger for a corvette with brackets into a 1971 nova???? i cant find any info because I just bought a nova and I will be putting the motor that was going into my c5 corvette into this nova it has all the corvette brackets and so on without a/c ... its a f1a with a erl 427 just want know if it will fit? thanks guys!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking at where my engine as it sits my 71... as long as the engine is back enough to give you the room in front. I would think you would work out ok.

Only area I am not sure about is, how close the Lower Radiator hose and the upper A-Arm will be.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Will find out here in a week or so if it works or not!!!! Just was wanting to see if it was already done before so can know what to expect...
Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't wait to if it works, how far foward does it sit? Would like to do the same on a a-body. Also heard something about belt tension burning up WP/PS and Alt so they run some sort of pully system that uses the 4 rib belt so the 6 rib just for the prochager
Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure about how far it sits but I have a flip drive with a 8 rib set up on it with the procharger brackets... I will just be using the altinator because it has a manual box on it and I just bought a electric water pump also so I should know some thing next week for sure... At least I hope !!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: reverse rotation procharger ina 1971 nova