Sponsored by:

RX7/LS1 O2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX7/LS1 O2 questions

So, have RX7 will swap LS1 ha.

No for real. I swapped a 2001 Firechicken ls1/t56 into my 93 Mazda. Im not the only one either as Im sure ya'll know.

I have a questions on oxygen sensors though. I have the 2 primarys in my LT headers, but Im curious, are they bank specific? Say I put the left bank in the right bung, and the right bank in the left bung. Does that mess with things?

Im just curious because when I got new sensors from GM they had 2 different part numbers...and Im not sure I put them in the right bungs. but I had no diagrams or anything to go off of.

Any ideas?

I wasnt sure if I should put this here, or where it fit exactly ha!

Thanks guys!
PS Steve at SNL Performance hooked me up on a Monster stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel so THANKS!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes.. they need to be connected to the correct side.. get the wiring diagram Pinout of the PCM to get the correct wires, pins and color.

the Pinout can be found in the FAQ sticky at the top of this section. You also do not need the rear ones, just the front one, the rears can be flashed out.

Most likely the engine will run, but I could forsee tuning and driveablity issues.

BC
Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Hmm because factory manifolds had 2 bungs and came with 2 on the manifold prior to the cat. Interesting.
Thanks for the FAQ tip. Ill check I out when I get to work tomorrow!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Thinking on Thursday I will take my scan tool and use the watch feature, unplug 1 sensor, and see which bank goes dead on the screen. If they correlate to the correct banks, then Ill know Im good!

Think Ill have any issues? Makes sense to me!

Quick Reply: RX7/LS1 O2 questions