Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LS Swap Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS Swap Issues

Guys my car cranks fine. It's a newly built ls motor with all new parts so I'm stumped. The idle is fine at startup then it starts idling up and down and then it bogs down like its not getting air but I can feel the intake pulling in air then when I turn it off it diesels. Anybody had this problem? Car is full of gas so thats not the issue. Once it bogs down I shut the car off. Seems to reset and idle fine once its shut off and restarted but bogs after its running for a minute or so and when I press the pedal it bogs down. Any ideas?
Old 04-13-2013, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

would need more information on the intake setup.. MAF or SD, have you scanned the Sensors, is everything connected ?

Have you checked for vacuum leaks ? is the PCM and all of the IGN 12+ getting good voltages ? DBC or DBW ?

question can go on and on if you don't provide us with more info..

BC
Old 04-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Teching In

The intake is DBW with a maf and everything is connected. I have a torque rush connector to use a car intake with the L92 heads with the truck harness. I've checked all the vacuum lines and none of those are leaking.

Everything is wired tight and all the grounds are connected.

Don't think I have the tool to perform a scan bc we just got the motor in the car and I don't have a diagnostic port hooked up yet.

Car starts but there seems to be a problem with throttle response.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Too much fuel?
Old 05-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Teching In

I just did a swap and I'm having the same issue but I'm using a stand alone harness the ls fuel tank and pump and the car was running good the first 10-15 starts and then the first short drive but then on the second drive it started this. The only reply to my post so far was fuel psi so that is was I'm gonna try and if I find out my problem I will let you know so maybe it will help you please do the same. My user name is jpuck874.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Hey bud get a fuel psi gauge if you haven't done that yet and see if you have 58 psi and it don't drop because I just found out that my problem was fuel psi was dropping to 18 psi after running for 10-15 sec and it turned out to be my pump full of silt. Good luck.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Sorry I didn't realize how old this thread was. I'm new to LS1 tech!

Quick Reply: New LS Swap Issues