Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

block hugger headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default block hugger headers

can anyone recommend a good bock hugger header that will clear all the spark plugs? im trying to squeeze an lq9 into a volvo 940. i got some cheapo ebays to see what will work - they will fit but i cant get access to a plug on each side. ive heard bad things about shorty plugs fouling out constantly. trying to avoid that if i can.

my dilemma

saw patriot H8014. thinking of them maybe.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would not recommend the hooker block huggers, I bought a set of those, the way they build their flanges they don't match up to the factory gaskets worth a dang.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bowtie316
I would not recommend the hooker block huggers, I bought a set of those, the way they build their flanges they don't match up to the factory gaskets worth a dang.
x2, my driver's side header flange was welded on upside down. They were missing hardware and gaskets too. Totally not worth the money.

I'll be building my next set of headers. Not sure why that isn't seen more often. The kits are often a lot cheaper than most "swap" specific headers, especially longtubes.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 281 Likes on 214 Posts

Take peak at the Speedway 1 3/4' block huggers. Worked for well for me on my 99 Wrangler LS swap.

Just a note. Last winter or as we are saying the never ending winter in MN, I built of 17/8" headers for my 67 Nova swap. First time for me. They took about 3 weekends and $300 in materials. Tubing, flanges and collectors. All mild steel.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

I have the Hookers on my car. The flanges suck, but I double stacked factory MLS gaskets and no longer have leaks. I do retorque every month or so though. Plug wire clearance is ok. Factory wire boots touch a little but not enough to melt or cause issues. 90 degree boots would clear.

Quick Reply: block hugger headers